Sojourner Donation Center
Victims of domestic violence often escape with nothing but the clothes they are wearing. Sojourner Center offers an on-site donation center where residents can rebuild their lives, one piece at a time. Using a voucher system, program participants shop for necessities like clothing and toiletries, as well as other items that make them feel at home in their new environment. The Donation Center is available only to Sojourner Center’s residents. Members of the public are not able to purchase donated items, and the center does not accept cash.
Through the generosity of the community, our Donation Center provides:
- Clothing for school, work, interviews, and daily wear
- Household items such as lamps, small appliances, furniture and linens
- Children’s items such as high chairs, strollers, and toys
- Personal hygiene products for babies, children and adults
By providing residents with much-needed items for their new homes, as well as support with budgeting and financial planning, the Donation Center promotes self-reliance, stability and confidence.
Do you have a skill that might benefit the residents at Sojourner Center? Are you interested in volunteering your time to transform lives? We are always in need of skilled volunteers to operate our fleet of vehicles and provide building maintenance and facilities upkeep. Contact our volunteer team at email@example.com for more information.
The items you use in your own home are the very items needed by the families who come to Sojourner Center. Participants can use them during their stay at Sojourner Center, or to furnish transitional or permanent housing to which our participants move after finishing their time at Sojourner. Sojourner Center relies on generous individuals and local businesses to provide this critical service for residents.
We gladly accept new and gently used items and are especially in need of:
- Gently used CLEAN clothing (for adults and children, including teen boys and girls)
- Baby wipes
- Twin-size sheet/comforter sets
- Blankets (twin-size or larger)
- Adult and children’s shoes (all styles, all sizes)
- Towels (bath, hand, washcloths)
- Personal hygiene (bar soaps, shampoos, conditioners, solid deodorants, feminine hygiene)
- Unused underwear (all sizes, adults and children)
- Hair dryers
Pet Companion Shelter:
- Dog/puppy food (chicken flavor preferred)
- Cat/kitty food
- Clumping kitty litter
- Dog and cat beds
- Office supplies including printer paper
- Laundry detergent and dryer sheets
“I am involved with Sojourner Center because as a young adult I mentored an 8-year-old boy who had been raised in an abusive household. It came back full circle to me when as a now grown adult, he reached out to thank me for the few years of mentoring I provided and the difference that made in his life.”