Sojourner Center’s Workforce Development Program supports participants with career-focused self-sufficiency, we offer simultaneous workforce development training in a pipeline-to-employment setting, along with transitional, supportive housing to develop skills for life-success, foster resilience and set the stage for economic independence.
The WDP program addresses these concerns through a comprehensive program which includes:
- Comprehensive case management and wrap-around services, mostly on campus to mitigate danger risks, which may include: medical and behavioral health care, support groups, lay legal assistance, skill building workshops, child care, permanent housing assistance, access to public benefits and
community resources, job retention support, etc.
- Individualized assessment of educational, life skills and workforce training needs
- Customized Individual Development Plan with achievable milestones to address needs
- GED prep classes
- Life skills including financial literacy to foster independent living success
- Workforce training in selected industry sectors which offer classroom instruction, hands-on
experience, apprenticeships and employment acquisition and retention support