How Mobile Advocacy Works
- Provides case management to individuals out in the community not residing at the crisis shelter or in Sojourner Center’s Transitional Housing Program
- Participants may still be living with an abuser/trafficker or have left but are experiencing impacts of the abuse/trauma. Case management is provided to work on goals and provide resources
- Participants can stay in the program for approximately 2 years, but can vary depending on their needs
- This program also provides education and awareness about domestic violence, sexual violence and human trafficking in the community at tabling events, schools, community fairs, etc.
- Areas of focus addressed: safety, self-sufficiency, and connection to resources/healthy support networks