Ways to Give
Every dollar donated to Sojourner Center makes a difference in transforming the lives of thousands of individuals impacted by domestic violence in Arizona. Sojourner Center is a tax-exempt 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law, subject to individual limitations. There are a number of ways to donate and we invite you to explore the many ways you can give to Sojourner Center.
With $30 we can provide an hour of lay legal services to a victim of domestic violence, helping them navigate the legal system and apply for important services, such as orders of protections; $70 pays to provide transitional housing and case management to a victim of domestic violence for a week, allowing them to transition from a state of crisis to self-sufficiency; and $200 allows our Preschool class to go to the Phoenix Zoo or Children’s Museum – but any amount, small or large, has an impact on the life of an individual impacted by domestic violence.
Sojourner Center appreciates and values the contributions of all donors. Protecting personal information and ensuring that donor privacy is secure is an organizational priority. We will use your personal information to keep you informed of our activities including our programs, special events, and funding needs. We respect all donor requests to remain anonymous. We will always provide an “opt-out” option for donors and others who receive such materials to request that their names be deleted from similar mailings or electronic communications in the future. You may also contact Sojourner Center directly at any time and we will gladly remove your name from our distribution list.
Sharing of Donor’s Information
• Sojourner Center will not sell, trade, rent or exchange its donor list and donor’s personal information with any other organization.
Collection of Data
We collect personal data through online donations, event participation, e-newsletter subscription, postal mail, and phone. We only collect this information when users submit it voluntarily.
• Personal data acquired may include: your first name, last name, spouse name, address, city, state, zip code, and phone numbers (home, work, or mobile), email address, place of employment, position, and secondary email address. We may acquire event-specific information pertaining to your attendance and the personal information of your guests in attendance. We may acquire information about a contributor or foundation that you provide to receive recognition for a gift. The IRS requires we keep this confidential information on file for all donors.
• At any time donors may “opt-out” or be removed from our distribution lists. Sojourner Center will discontinue contact with any person by calling (602) 244-0089 or written request to: Sojourner Center, Attn: Susan Curry, P.O. Box 20156, Phoenix, AZ 85036 or email us at email@example.com.
P.O. Box 20156
Phoenix, AZ 85036
Phone: (602) 244-0089 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sojourner Center will maintain an electronic record in our database of all requests for discontinuance of contacts. Verbal requests will be recorded in writing by Sojourner Center staff and will then be permanently recorded in the electronic donor database.
Storage of Data
• Donor information is maintained in a password-protected, secured database. Only authorized personnel have access to this information and only for appropriate business purposes. This information is shared with board members and authorized staff, only on a confidential and need-to-know basis.
Online Security and Enforcement
Sojourner Center utilizes the following online security measures:
• We operate secure data networks protected by industry-standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary. Only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our donors.
• IP addresses- Sojourner Center may also collect IP addresses, domain names, and similar items regarding users of this site to measure the number of visits, pages visited, average time spent on this site, and similar items. Sojourner Center may also use IP addresses to diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website, and for statistical metrics used to track website visitor traffic.
• Credit Cards- Sojourner Center is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), a set of requirements designed to ensure that companies that process, store, or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. The PCI DSS is administered and managed by the PCI SSC (www.pcisecuritystandards.org), an independent body that was created by the major payment card brands (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and JCB.).
It is important to note, the payment brands and acquirers are responsible for enforcing compliance, not the PCI council.
• Sojourner Center is committed to complying fully with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, as may from time-to-time be amended. Sojourner Center does not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Privacy Enforcement with vendors
• The sharing of data is prevented by contract stipulations that are present in contacts between Sojourner Center and our vendors. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
• Sojourner Center may also occasionally ask users to complete surveys for research purposes. There also may be services on our website that require you to fill out an online form or send Sojourner Center an e-mail message in order to utilize these services. Sojourner Center collects any information that you provide in such circumstances, including any personal information.
This policy was last updated in April 2015.