Volunteers are also very good for the Sojourner Center. When you volunteer, you help make our limited dollars and resources stretch farther. You bring us new perspective on how best we can bring about an end to domestic violence. You become a committed advocate on behalf of the victims of domestic violence.
Sojourner Center’s Volunteer Program gives individuals, companies, churches, civic groups, students, schools, and families — anyone with the desire to make a difference — the opportunity to partner with Sojourner Center to help overcome the impact of domestic violence.
Last year volunteers provided more than 16,000 hours of service at Sojourner Center, making a valuable difference in our work.
Volunteers can join their time, skills, talents and donations together to create networks of support for those families who seek our services. We have many volunteer positions that are based at our campuses and in the greater community that focus on:
- Educating others about domestic violence, our mission and our agency
- Meeting basic needs of families in programs though drives, donation pick-up, working in our kitchens, and at our Donation Center
- Cultivating relationships in the greater community with those who wish to support the mission
- Directly serving families in shelter by spending time on-site supporting them as they transform their lives
- Collaborating with staff on the daily operations of our organization
- Taking leadership in our community of over 300 volunteers, organizing and supporting their efforts
If you are interested in becoming a Sojourner Center volunteer, the first step is completing our on-line Individual Volunteer Application. Once your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted with the Volunteer Orientation dates which consist of a tour and a review of volunteer positions and requirements. which has a 30 minute volunteer orientation at the end of the tour that reviews volunteer positions and requirements. To reach the volunteer application, please click on the link below:
All Sojourner Center volunteers must be 18 years of age or older, pass a criminal background check, and obtain a Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card.
For questions or more information, please contact our Volunteer Department at 602.296.3359 or email email@example.com.
If you have a team or group of volunteers that would like to complete a larger volunteer activity or project with Sojourner Center, please complete the Group Volunteer Application below and our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you.
Sojourner Center Volunteer Log-in
If you are a Sojourner Center Volunteer and have received your e-mail invitation, please create your volunteer profile by clicking the Log-In button.
If you have a profile, please use the button to check your profile and access Sojourner Center’s portal and schedules.