Domestic Violence is a real issue and it is happening right in your neighborhood. According to the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence, more than 100,000 calls related to domestic violence were made to Arizona hotlines in a single year.
The statistics reveal that:
- One in three women and one in four men have experienced some form of physical violence by an intimate partner.
- One in four women and one in seven men have been victims of severe physical violence.
- One in three teenagers reports experiencing physical, emotional or verbal abuse in a dating relationship.
In the face of this stark reality, organizations like Sojourner Center aim to provide shelter, support and resources to survivors of domestic violence in the Phoenix area. You, too, can make a difference!
- Raise Awareness: Share our social media this month highlighting information about domestic violence with your community. Encourage open conversations and provide support when needed.
- Support Us: Consider signing up to volunteer or donating items from our ongoing needs wishist.
- Educate: Learn about the signs of domestic violence and how to support survivors. Knowledge is a powerful tool in breaking the cycle of abuse.