Yes, you can visit Sojourner Center!
Due to the sensitive, confidential nature of our work, a bit of mystery surrounds Sojourner Center. A tour of our campus demystifies what our shelter is and does, and focuses attention on the issue of domestic violence. Visitors hear the stories of the women and children living in the shelter and the experiences that brought them to us, and learn how Sojourner Center empowers them to rebuild their lives.
- Length of tour: Tours last one hour, but guests should plan on arriving 15 minutes early to complete confidentiality agreements.
- Tour dates: We are able to offer tours only on specific days and times. Please refer to the calendar below before registering.
- Age of attendees: Some content of our regular tour is not appropriate for children younger than 12. We can provide an age-appropriate presentation with advance notice. Please call in advance to arrange this.
- How to register: Click here or call (602) 296-3348. All attendees must be registered at least 2 days in advance of your tour. If you are planning on bringing a guest, please register them separately.
Or, we can come to you!
If you would like to bring a group of your own to tour but assembling them all downtown at the same time would be difficult, you can request an off-campus presentation. We can bring the experience of Sojourner Center to you and your group of guests through pictures and stories, at a time and location that’s convenient and enjoyable. Call (602) 296-3348.
-- NOTE: When you contact us, please share only safe information as we will be contacting you. --
Campus tour dates (all tours are one hour in length):
- Tuesday, May 28 at noon
- Saturday, June 1 at 10 am
- Tuesday, June 4 at 6pm
- Thursday, June 20 at noon
- Tuesday, June 25 at noon
- Tuesday, July 2 at 6 pm
- Thursday, July 18 at noon
- Tuesday, July 23 at noon