What is a Vanguard?
Vanguards are individuals and groups who have been inspired to stand at the forefront of the domestic violence movement, to use their voices, and take action in our communities. Vanguards can work at one of three campuses and/or in the greater community, binding their time, skills, talents and donations together to create networks of support for those families who seek our services.
What is the Vanguard Program?
The Vanguard Program was developed to give individuals, companies, churches, civic groups, students, schools, and families -- anyone with the desire to make a difference -- the opportunity to partner with Sojourner Center to create and develop innovative solutions for overcoming the impact of domestic violence.
What opportunities are there for Vanguards?
We have more than thirty Vanguard positions that are based at our campuses and in the greater community that focus on:
- educating others about domestic violence, our mission and our agency;
- meeting basic needs of families in programs though drives, donation pick-up, working in our kitchens, and at our Donation Center, etc.;
- cultivating relationships in the greater community with those who wish to support the mission;
- directly serving families in shelter by spending time on-site supporting them as they transform their lives;
- collaborating with staff on the daily operations of our organization;
- taking leadership in our community of over three hundred Vanguard’s, organizing and supporting their efforts.
For more information about specific Vanguard Openings, click the "Current Vanguard Opportunities" link below.